We’re Here When You Need Us!
When you need short-term, temporary care for a loved one, you can count on Posada at Whittier. We have the facility, staff, and services conducive to a successful respite stay. Respite care can be a few days, weeks, or months.
We understand that being a full-time caregiver is a demanding job, both physically and emotionally. The continuous demands of someone with special needs can take its toll. At some point, something is going to give….Don’t let it be you!
Benefits of Respite Care
Respite care provides a short-term break that is essential for all involved. Some common benefits include:
- Relief of stress – Everyone needs a break, even if it’s just for a short time. Taking a break from care allows you to re-charge and restore your energy.
- Restore balance in your life – your life doesn’t need to stop because you are caring for another. Taking time to keep your life in order will give you peace of mind.
- Being a better caregiver – If you become overwhelmed by caring for another, you’re at risk for issues like depression, guilt, anger, sleep disorders and strained relationships.
- Be healthier – Taking a break is necessary for mental and physical health. A frequent and regular break will prevent both health and stress issues.
Why Respite Care?
There are a number of reasons people seek respite care. Families who are caring for a loved one with a severe disability, chronic, or terminal illnesses often need a break. Parents with disabled or ill children may also need respite care. No matter the need, you can count on our facility for your respite stay.
Amenities You Can Expect
- 3 Chef prepared meals a day ( focused on nutrition and diabetic needs)
- Daily fitness program (1 hour every morning)
- Social programs
- On-site hair salon
- Personal laundry every week
- Full housekeeping and linen services weekly
- Stock N Shop – our on-site convenience store
- Medication management
- Monthly onsite podiatrist visit
- All main utilities are included (phone and cable TV are extra)
- Supervised transportation for medical appointments, shopping and/or planned outings
- 24/7 staff